Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Vacation Disappointment

For months we have been looking forward to spending a week--NEXT week--on Star Island, as part of a Unitarian Universalist Family Camp/Conference. We just received word that the conference is cancelled due to some structural/fire safety issues. DH and I are devastated, and I don't even know how to break the news to my six-year-old.

While there is really nothing that can replace the experience we were planning, we are desperately seeking some other ideas for our vacation time. Given that it is the 4th of July week, our chances of finding an affordable rental on the Cape (or anywhere else near in or near New England) are slim. If any of you have ideas or thoughts, PLEASE please let us know.

And even if you don't have ideas, please keep us in your thoughts. While this is a small disappointment in the grand scheme of things, it is a huge disappointment to me. The past few months have thrown some curve balls my way and I was really looking forward to a week of relaxation, with all my meals prepared and programming in place for my kids. I'm feeling pretty low at the moment.