Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I'm Too Sexy Lazy For My Blog

Blog? What blog?

For those who have inquired: I'm still here, and I'm fine. There has been knitting and traveling and working and family madness. There was a personal health scare--now resolved--that means I will be having a baseline mammogram in the near future (ugh). I am feeling a bit like Liz these days. There are various blog posts in process. But just in case I never get to them, here are a couple of pictures to tide you over.
An actual completed sock! Pattern is a toe-up, short-row heel, plain old travel-knitting sock. The fabulous yarn is from the fabulous Jessie at A Piece of Vermont and it knit up beautifully on size 1 (American) Addis, using the magic loop method. The sock is lying on some gorgeous roving, also from Jessie, that I forgot to blog about a while back. Oops!


In April I had the pleasure of meeting Gryphon--of The Sanguine Gryphon--while on a trip to visit family in Maryland (because every vacation should have a fiber component). Somehow, while we were chatting, this Dragon Fly Designs roving and these skeins of handpainted silk just fell into my bag. I know that I'll be buying more of Gryphon's yarns in the future...especially as these particular skeins have already been gifted to a friend. Gryphon was lovely, and she has a cute baby, and a walking wheel in her living room, and she carries consignment handspun from Kelly--what more could you want?

More soon, as I transcribe the virtual posts in my head into actual text on the computer. It's time to chat about MA Sheep & Wool, among other things!