Friday, May 11, 2007

Meet & Greet Among The Sheep

Yessirree, it's time for that annual black tie blue jean gala, the MA Sheep and Woolcraft Fair at the Cummington Fairgrounds. Last year I pulled together an informal Blogger & Friends meet-up, complete with brownies. This year I will have a friend and several small children in tow and I'm not sure I can actually "coordinate" the meet-up. So while I'm happy to help figure out the plans, and I do hope to "represent" for at least a few minutes, I need someone else to take on the hostess duties. (This mostly entails showing up, being friendly, and making dessert arrangements if desired.) Volunteers?

I also need some thoughts from attendees. Last year's meet-up was Saturday at 1:00, near the food area. We ended up taking over two picnic tables, which may have been a bit inconvenient to those trying to sit and eat lunch. So suggestions of other spots are welcome (maybe the small hill between the upper and lower vendor areas?)--or perhaps we could stay at the picnic area, but meet later in the day. This year the fleece sale starts at 2:00; would folks rather meet prior to the sale, or later on?

Last but not least--I am hoping to stay for the potluck at 5:30 this year. Anyone else?