Monday, December 18, 2006

And What To My Wondering Eyes Should Appear...

...but Henry Hudson! Yes, at long last, after crossing the country several times (and also making a trip to Belgium), my Yarn Aboard box arrived.

It was perfect timing, as I was feeling a bit "Bah Humbug." And there's no better cure for that than new yarn!

The gifts included a lovely skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn in a teal colorway, with touches of green and blue/lavender; some Knitpicks sock yarn in purples; post-its and note cards in my favorite colors; some yummy Sweet Pea soap in a little bag; and a cool purple zipper bag to hold all my knitting notions. And check out the card with all the mittens!

Many thanks go out to Lu, who put together such a generous box of treats. This is the first swap I have participated in, so it was a great way to get started. I have never knit with the Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn before, and I look forward to getting it on the needles soon; it's so soft!

Henry would like to arrive at his next destination before Christmas, so he is going to forego a local photo shoot. (Although he does regret that he will not get to meet Dr. Seuss.) He should be en route again first thing tomorrow morning!