Sunday, April 23, 2006

A Whack Of Knitters

A day full of yarn and knitters and laughter--is there any better way to end a crazy week?


On Saturday I headed up to Northampton, MA, to hear the Yarn Harlot give a talk. Since it's always nice to have company in the car, I offered to give Kelly a ride. We had a great time getting to know each other, and--bonus!--she brought gifts: two balls of BFL that she dyed herself. The colors are just perfect, and I can't wait to spin them up.




Stephanie was hilarious, and everywhere you looked there was knitting.

For once, I didn't feel like a geek.

I was having so much fun that I totally forgot to take more pictures. But I got to chat with Jessica and Lauren, and Cate, and also the blogless Katy W. and her friend Kristen; and I met Di in person; and I ran into other locals that I know; and so Hi to everyone! It was fun to see you.

Jessica and I were both wearing our Good Bias shrugs. But, you know, at a knitting gathering, this is seen as sort of a cool thing instead of a fashion faux pas.






Webs was a zoo afterwards, and I didn't find the one thing I was looking for: buttons for my Sunrise Circle Jacket. But I finally plunked down the cash for this book, which I have been wanting for a while. If you haven't read it yet, and you like trying to wrap your mind around new concepts, then try to get your hands on a copy. The saleswoman at Webs told me that it is now out of print, so get it while you can!

I also bought some cotton/tencel yarn to make the Convertible shrug from the latest Knitty (link here).


And, oh yes--one of these followed me home, where I handed it off to my DH to put away until Mother's Day. (He loves it when I "help" him with his shopping.) Its twin went home with Kelly, so now we are bonded forever.

Lastly--Stephanie? If you ever decide to organize a MacGyver Arts Conference, I am so there.