Remember the Sunrise Circle Jacket? The one that was almost done?
Yeah, well. It is currently spending some time in the Naughty Chair. With a needle stuck in it.
The pattern is very clever and well written, but seaming up the finished pieces is a bit like putting together a puzzle. And I happened to choose a lumpy bumpy yarn that is uncooperative, and that makes seaming evenly a bit of a challenge. You know how red yarns just refuse to be photographed correctly? Well, this yarn refuses to be seamed OR measured correctly.
When I was seaming up the LAST few inches of the second side--and victory was so close I could taste it-- I happened to lay out the whole sweater on the floor, and something looked just a little bit...wonky. So I measured, and I pinned, and I measured again (coming up with completely different results than the first time); and I cursed, and I finally realized that I had totally messed up one of the seams. Not the seam that I had worked on carelessly, confidently, in poor lighting, in front of the TV, while it lay in my lap; but the seam that I had done methodically, slowly, in good light, spread out on the kitchen table. Figures.
One side was clearly longer than the other, from armpit to waist.
I spent a few minutes thinking about ways to lower one of my armpits.
It was a long seam.
The new seam is about halfway done. But I thought I'd leave it a bit while I worked on something else.
That'll teach it.