Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Solstice & Stuff

(1) I heart Cate. She writes about all of the things that are swirling around in my head, and in such a lovely way. I might have to start the Official Mamacate Fan Club. Secret handshake, anyone?

(2) Am I the last blogger to discover etsy? I wish I had found it BEFORE I finished my holiday shopping. Some very cool stuff there. (With thanks to In The Pink for mentioning it in a post.)

(3) There is no knitting here, as we are currently celebrating The Season of Stomach Flu at my house. My five year old just ate her first solids since Sunday morning, after three days of fever and total misery. (Oh, and did I mention that she threw up IN church, in the middle of the Solstice Service? Blecch.) What do you suppose the odds are that at least one of us will have it over the Christmas weekend?

(4) Interesting link (via JenEx) to some information about pagan yule traditions. Babies in trees, no less.

(5) I have yet to feel the joy of the season (unless it is signified by my headache). But I'm working on it. I think I'll re-read Cate's post, make a few online donations, and then light a candle.