Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Fickle

Remember all those things that I said I was going to knit this year?

Changed my mind.

I got the new Interweave Knits, and I fell in love with "A Good Bias":


In fact, I like it so much that I have already ordered eight skeins of this. I am hoping that they will arrive tomorrow, just in time for me to get this on the needles before my Saturday morning knitting group.

You should know that this is very unusual for me. I am not an impulsive gal. But when I learned that Mission Falls 1824 cotton was discontinued in January, I decided that there was no time to waste. Sure, I could substitute a different yarn, but--for once--I wanted to use the recommended yarn. This will be the perfect birthday gift for my sister.

And then...I am already dreaming about what cool yarn I can find to knit a second one, which will be for me. I may wait and pick something up at the MA Sheep and Wool Festival in May.

And I think I might just host my first knit-a-long....stay tuned for details.

Clapotis is progressing. There is pooling and flashing and dropped stitches. And there is still a long way to go.