Monday, October 22, 2007

Rhinebeck Overload

Saturday at Rhinebeck went by too quickly. I had a great time but felt a little overwhelmed and fuzzy this year: a combination of lack of sleep, the crazy crowds, and trying to look at EVERYTHING. I was disappointed in the weather, too; although it was sunny and gorgeous, I missed seeing everyone in handknit/felted sweaters and vests and hats! I did see quite a few shawls, but I wanted more.

Nonetheless--I really enjoyed spending the day with Kelly and Jess and some non-blogging friends, and it was cool to see folks wearing Ravelry buttons at every turn. I petted lots and lots of roving and yarn, but I was very well-behaved and stuck to my budget. My small haul inlcuded a needle felting kit from Black Sheep Designs; some rainbow roving from Ancient Threads; and four ounces of cormo/silk blend roving from Foxfire Fiber.

I also allowed myself one skein of yarn--and I found the winning skein at Autumn House Farm. The colorway is Fox Grape.
And now I have a fiber hangover and I have to get back to reality. Ugh!