Saturday, November 25, 2006

Scenes From Thanksgiving Weekend

We had a quiet Thankgiving this year. It was the first one we've spent at home in eight years. I generally like going to family holiday gatherings, but I was looking forward to a long weekend without traveling and obligations. And having no plans turned out to be a good thing, as both kids came down with illnesses on Wednesday evening (one with a cold, one with a stomach bug). So I cooked a big dinner for DH and myself, and we've been eating leftovers for two days. Yum. ;) I have also spent lots of time puttering, organizing, making holiday lists, knitting, and needle felting, while simultaneously listening to the audio book of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. There is much at my home to be thankful for this year, and I am trying to take some time to appreciate that.

Zoe with her cupcake creations, at a pre-Thanksgiving dinner

On Friday we went to a local balloon parade. The weather was fabulous, and the crowds were large. Below is the new Hello Kitty ballerina balloon:


And here is The Cat In The Hat, bowing low to get under the traffic lights:
I hope you all had good holiday celebrations, whatever they included.