Monday, March 07, 2005

Knit-Along Kick-Off

I couldn't wait.

I know, I know, I said that I would start the "A Good Bias" knit-along in mid-March. But I just couldn't wait to get it on the needles. (And, besides, I didn't want to be outdone by Christine, who is already cruising along on hers, using some yummy Rowan Calmer.) And it's almost mid-March.

So here is the beginning of mine:



I am using Mission Falls 1824 cotton, in Merlot. It looks pink in the picture, but it actually is the color of merlot: a nice purple-y red. I am enjoying knitting with this yarn, which makes me sad that they are discontinuing it. I am knitting a bit loosely, trying to make up for the cotton's lack of elasticity, so I actually had to go down two needle sizes in order to get gauge.

I think that I have added everyone's name/links to the sidebar, but if I have missed someone, please let me know! I am feeling a bit scattered these days. I would also love to hear what everyone is using for yarn.

Join us!