Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Sometimes It's The Small Stuff

Over Thanksgiving, I took some time to be thankful.

(Creative--that's me.)

I certainly have a lot to be thankful for this year. My husband, after a big health scare, is doing well. I have two beautiful and healthy daughters. I have wonderful parents and a large, supportive extended family (including the in-laws). I have a good house, enough to eat, and--all in all--a pretty great life.

There are lots of other big things to be grateful for, of course. Best friends. Cancer treatments. Washing machines. Minivans (or, if you're my friend Michael Connelly, Volvos). Antibiotics.

But, you know, sometimes it's good to take some time to be thankful for the little things. The things that are luxuries, but that make life so much easier.

So here is my silly list of Ten Small Things For Which I Am Eternally Grateful.

(1) knitting groups and knitting blogs
(2) vacuum-insulated travel mugs that keep my fair-trade coffee hot for HOURS
(3) chocolate
(4) clip-on sunglasses that are actually stylish
(5) stretch denim
(6) velcro
(7) polarfleece
(8) non-spill sippy cups
(9) Annie's organic microwave mac & cheese
(10) antihistamines

And, of course, yarn and all that goes with it. (But that's a big thing, really.)