Monday, October 20, 2008

If You Were Any Closer The Wool Would Bite You

*Note: This may only be funny if you have been to a large fiber festival, the kind where you are overwhelmed by the number of vendors and the amount of roving and yarn and all that goes with it. The kind where you are virtually surrounded by wool.

The Scene: NY Sheep & Wool Festival. Saturday, 11:30 a.m. There are crowds everywhere, with people carrying large shopping bags. I have just purchased lunch and am making my way to a picnic table with friends. A woman comes up and points at the clear plastic bag of yarn that I am carrying.

Woman: (pointing to yarn) Excuse me, could you tell me where you bought that?
Me: Sure--it's from Brooks Farms.
Woman: (confused) No--I mean where did you find it? Where is the wool?
Me: (blinks)
Me: (blinks)
Woman: That is wool, right?
Me: (blinks)
Me: (confused) ummm...yes?
Woman: You see, I'm walking around and all I see is food vendors and some other exhibits, so I was wondering if you could tell me where to find the yarn.
Me: Umm...you could go in that building right there? Or maybe go up that hill? There are some vendor barns there as well.
Woman: Okay, thanks!
Me: (blinks)


Rhinebeck was awesome.

My Eris sweater is finished.

My life has been crazy.

Back soon.