Tuesday, October 18, 2005

"I Happy"

It's amazing what a difference a year makes. Last year when I went to Rhinebeck, I did not know a soul, although I recognized one or two bloggers in passing. This year I saw familiar faces everywhere! Although I did not have as much time to socialize with other folks as I would have liked, it was great to finally meet a few more bloggers in person.


The blogger meet-up was fun. I was feeling too shy to introduce myself to everyone, but I did meet these great knitters from the Berkshires.







Cate was a bit late to the meet-up, because she had to hit the fleece sale along the way. As you can see, in addition to enabling others, she picked up two of them for herself. (Because, you know, she doesn't have enough fiber at home. Heh heh.)










Cate and Risa had gorgeous matching shawls.












And here I am, in action: the blogger being blogged! (Thanks to Chris at Woolybuns for permission to use this pic.)









And here are my purchases. I could have bought much, much more, but I managed to stick to my budget. I did note a few places that I want to hit next year, though!
In the front is a skein of Socks That Rock, in the Lagoon colorway. (Unlike Cara, I managed to buy only one.) On the right is the pattern for the Melody Shawl from Morehouse Merino (the shawl that Alison recently completed), with yarn in the Aquarius (?) colorway. I also picked up a kit to make needle-felted snowmen (for holiday gifts), a little kit to make fleece angels (more gifts), and new felting needles in a wooden holder.

I must admit that I was a little sad that I couldn't stay overnight and eat pizza and cavort with all the other folks, but I needed to get home to my kids. My disappointment lessened significantly after being greeted enthusiastically by my 22 month old, who beamed upon seeing me, hugged me over and over again, and then sighed and said, "Mama home. I happy."

And, you know, there's always next year.