Friday, April 29, 2005

"What I Did On My Spring Vacation"

A few quick pictures from the past week. Although I didn't get much knitting time, I did bring yarn and packets of Kool-aid so that I could dye yarn along with my older daughter, my nieces, and my nephew (ages 4, 5, 6 and 8, respectively). The kids loved dyeing the yarn. Since I was doing the hands-on work, I wasn't able to take many pictures, and my sister has not e-mailed me any of hers yet. But here is a picture of my older niece winding her first ball of yarn:


(She actually was enjoying it more than it appears.)


And then me teaching her to knit:


Here is my daugher sitting next to us, trying to figure things out on her own.


And although it has nothing to do with fiber arts, I just had to share a couple of pictures from my daughter's first fishing adventure. First, here is my youngest niece teaching my daughter about worms:


And then teaching my daughter how to catch a fish:


Aren't they sweet?