Wednesday, December 08, 2004

It's A Wrap

I know, I know. You all were starting to think that I never really knit anything at all, that I just whine and complain about knitting to get attention. But here, at long last, is an actual FO:

Here is my completed Rhythm Wrap. It's a true moebius, knit as one piece in the round, with no grafted edges.. The pattern is from A Treasury of Magical Knitting, and the yarn is a handspun 50/50 wool/mohair blend from Tintagel Farm in the Clematis colorway, purchased at Rhinebeck. It's soft, it's fuzzy, it's toasty, it's unique--I love it! I tend to wear khakis and solid colored long-sleeved tee shirts to work, and this will be perfect for adding a little pizzazz (and a little warmth for my drafty office).

The colors don't show up well in the photo, I will try to take another picture in natural light soon.

I wasn't sure I would have enough yarn, and I just barely made it; here is how much I had left when I was finished.

Now I'm off to make eight dozen biscotti and to clean my house in preparation for my annual Cookie Swap. Eek!