Thursday, September 30, 2004

No New Sweaters Here

Not much recent knitting progress, due to motherhood/family duties (including a visit by all three sets of grandparents to celebrate the girls' dedication at the UU society) and a virulent cold. I did complete the first mitten for DD (except for the thumb) and I am determined to avoid SMS (Second Mitten Syndrome) and cast on for the next one this weekend. I have a meeting on Saturday that requires some mindless knitting, so the ribbing on the cuff will be perfect.

Not sure where things stand with the poncho (other than entirely still at the moment, lol) but I fear that project may end up on hold due to my wonderful anniversary gift from DH: Cat Bordhi's A Treasury of Magical Knitting. Mobii strip projects, here I come! I just have to get some Denise needles, and I should have just enough in my Paypal account to cover that. Yippee! Maybe I can pick up some yarn at Rhinebeck to try out some of her beautiful scarves. There are some beautiful projects in here, including very cool felted boots that would look fabulous with some needle felting embellishments. I can't wait to get started!